Every few months I do a Celtic Cross reading for myself and thought it’d be fun to share my latest spread. Since I’ve been focusing on creative endeavors, I interpreted the message of each card with that in mind.
- Me and my immediate concerns: 8 of Pentacles
Craftsmanship, skill, work, determination, focus.
You’ve honed your skills to a high level and are totally focused on your purpose.
- Obstacles: 7 of Wands
The “don’t give up” card. Courage, fighting for what you believe, facing challenges.
You may need to stand-up for yourself and fight for what you believe in. Challenges confront you, but you possess the resources to succeed. 7 encourages you to stay strong and focus your Will on winning the struggle. Keep working diligently for what you want – don’t let other people distract you.
- What’s known to you objectively: Death
Transformation, an ending, loss & rebirth. Major change that was unavoidable.
- Past influences affecting you now. (Can also show something that has not yet been revealed.): Page of Pentacles
Points to the early stages of study, developing resources, curiosity, and understanding your potential.
- What’s behind you. Past influences now fading away…: 6 of Swords (R)
You’ve had trouble moving away from past troubles and putting them behind you. Delays, obstacles, or other interferences complicated your plans.
- This is before you – describes new circumstances coming into being in the near future:
5 of Wands (R)
This card usually suggests a struggle for power, money, or recognition.
- Your current state of mind: Queen of Cups
Creative, intuitive, emotional, compassionate. You’re experiencing strong feelings about something.
- Circumstances & people surrounding the situation: 5 of Pentacles (R)
Indicates recovery (or persistence) after a period of adversity.
- What you hope for (or fear): 6 of Wands
The Victory card. Success and fortune are yours.
- Likely outcome: Ace of Swords (R)
Heralds the initial stage of a new idea, spiritual direction, course of study, or intellectual project you may encounter delays with.
Note: When they appear, Aces (Upright or Reversed) “control” the spread, indicating new beginnings and showing the path you are headed towards. They are always viewed in a positive light.