‘Kayso even though I did NOT watch the game yesterday (Another FUCK YOU Award has been issued) I DID tune in to the commercials.
The past decade (at least) the Super Bowl Commercials have been boring, lame, or both. This year I was pleasantly surprised by how funny, clever, and (sometimes) touching they were. Yeah there were still a few duds, but they were in the minority.
So here are my 5 top picks:
- Rocket Mortage: Get Comfortable – featuring Beefcake Jason Momoa
- NEXT 100 || NFL Super Bowl LIV Commercial – the commercial seamlessly morphed into live footage. Brilliant and very emotionally charged. (How many NFL Super Stars can you spot?)
- Facebook Groups: Ready to Rock? – I’m not a fan of Facebook, but I like their commercials – especially this one that uses Twisted Sister‘s “I Wanna Rock“. \m/\m/ (and how ’bout those cameos by Chris Rock and Sly…)
- Walmart: Famous Visitors – I literally DESPISE Walmart, but I have to admit this one made me laugh out loud!
- Cheetos: Can’t Touch This – It’s Hammer Time!
Well, it wasn’t the Super Bowl Halftime Show but hopefully that put a smile on Dee Snider’s face.
Honorable Mentions (in no particular order):
- Tide: Laundry Later – A very clever series of commercials with a running gag!
- Doritos: The Cool Ranch – featuring Lil Nas (Loved his horse!) and Sam Elliott.
- Amazon: Before Alexa (Again, all about the cameos.) – DRAGON!
- Discover: No, We Don’t Charge Annual Fees (More cameos…)
- Michelob Ulta: Jimmy Works Out – featuring Jimmy Fallon and Jon Cena.
- T-Mobile: Mama’s Tests – featuring Anthony Anderson and his Mom (Who are you in a club with? LOL!)
- Jeep: Groundhog Day – featuring Bill Murray (Natch!), Sonny & Cher, and the cutest groundhog EVER!
- Toyota: “no title” – featuring Cobie Smulders (I just had this washed.)