Happy National Watermelon Day *
Santa Clara County’s libraries still remain closed due to the MADNESS; however Santa Clara city’s Main Library has curbside pick-up/drop-off. I never threw away my SCLibrary card and after having them set-up an online account for me, it was a piece of cake to put holds on available books. (- and when I run across a book I want to read I add it to my “For Later Shelf”.)
This weekend I checked out:
- Kicking & Dreaming: A Story of Heart, Soul, and Rock & Roll
by Ann and Nancy Wilson
- Death’s Excellent Vacation is a collection of short stories by Charlaine Harris and 12 others. I’m a big fan of author Charlaine Harris (of Sookie Stackhouse fame).
- I ALSO am a rabid reader of all the Warrior Cats novels. (Quelle surprise.) In addition to her series, Erin Hunter has also written what she calls “Super Edition” books which chronicle the backgrounds of individual Warrior Cats.
I picked-up Hawkwing’s Journey.
- Lastly, I’m re-reading The Plant Paradox Cookbook by Dr. Steven Gundry, M.D.
(One of these days I’ll actually buy my own copy.)
Tell me, what’s on YOUR summer reading list?
What kick-ass books would you like to recommend?
* I like Tajin sprinkled on top of fresh watermelon (In fact, I’m enjoying some as I write this…), but here are more ideas on how to serve this healthy (and low-cal) summer treat:
Watermelon Recipes @ allrecipes
17 Refreshing Watermelon Recipes @ realsimple
11 Refreshingly Sweet Watermelon Cocktails @ thespruce